Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering website at San Diego State University. This website provides information about our programs, courses, description of ongoing research activities and faculty profiles.
The department offers the following degree programs:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering is accredited by Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- MS Degree Program in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate Certificate program in Rehabilitation Technology
- Interdisciplinary MS degree program with College of Business
- Joint Ph.D. program with University of California, San Diego
The strategic vision of our department is to provide education characterized by quality, access and relevance. Students take a balance set of courses to obtain a solid foundation in engineering and general education. Students participate in technical presentations to acquire and sharpen their oral and written communication skills. They are encouraged to explore foreign cultures and education through study abroad programs. Many of our students take advantage of internship opportunities available in the San Diego region.
The department has witnessed a significant increase in research productivity of its faculty in the recent years, in terms of the sponsored research projects, publications, and participation in professional societies. The department faculty is carrying out many research projects sponsored by both the government agencies and industry. Many of our students get opportunities to work on these cutting-edge research projects and publish their results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
The increasing enrollments both at the undergraduate and graduate levels and increasing research productivity indicate that we are delivering quality programs relevant to the community at large. We continue to seek feedback from our constituents (students, faculty, and alumni) to keep our programs competitive and relevant.
Dr. Chris Mi
Electrical and Computer Engineering