Dr. Manshadi received the B.S. degree from the University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, in 2012; the M.S. degree from the University at Buffalo, the State University of New York (SUNY), Buffalo, NY, USA, in 2014; and the Ph.D. degree from Southern Methodist University in 2018 all in electrical engineering. He was the recipient of Frederick E. Terman Award from Bobby Lyle School of Engineering in 2016. He serves as a reviewer for several IEEE Transactions journals including Smart Grid, Sustainable Energy, Power Systems, and Industrial Informatics. His current research interests include smart grid, microgrids, integrating renewable and distributed resources, and power system operation and planning.
Dr. Christopher Paolini, Assistant Professor
Dr. Christopher Paolini received a B.S. degree in Computer Science in 1991, M.S. degree in Computer Science in 1998, and his Ph.D. degree in Computational Science in 2007. All degrees were received from San Diego State University. Throughout Dr. Paolini’s doctoral program, he was an ARCS Foundation scholarship recipient, and as an undergraduate Computer Science student, was awarded a Unisys Scholarship for Academic Merit. He is currently an adjunct faculty member in the Computational Science Research Center and has held adjunct faculty appointments in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science here at San Diego State University.
Dr. Paolini has 15 journal publications, 44 conference publications, a book section on Algorithms for Higher‐Order Mimetic Operators, and has participated in numerous invited talks, professional workshops, and panels. He recently served as a faculty mentor for the SDSU team of undergraduate Electrical and Computer Engineering students at the IEEE/ACM Supercomputing ’17 conference Student Cluster Competition, served as a faculty mentor for a team of Electrical and Computer Engineering graduate students participating in the entrepreneurial Lavin VentureStart Competition, and served as a mentor for an Electrical and Computer Engineering McNair Scholars Summer Research Program undergraduate. Dr. Paolini’s current research interests involve machine learning, Internet of Things applications, cloud computing, big data analytics, and deep learning.
Creating Alternative Communication Highways
SDSU Researcher Mahasweta Sarkar. Click here to read the article in the SDSU NewsCenter.
2nd Place Award - IEEE Power Electronics Society
Drs. Fei Lu and Hua Zhang - Project Demonstration on Emerging Technology Award: "Long
Capacitive Power Transfer with one Pair of Metal Plates"
Electrical and Computer Engineering Faculty Awards
- Dr. A. E. Engin and S. R. Narasimha - Winner of the 2017 IEEE EMC-S M. Kanda Award
for the most cited paper in
the last five years (2013-2017), IEEE Transcations on Electromagnetic Compatibility: "Modeling of Crosstalk in Through Silicon Vias"
- Dr. Satish K. Sharma - Monty Award
- Drs. Fei Lu and Hua Zhang (Dr. C. Mi's Doctoral Students) - Best Paper Award IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics
- Drs. Fei Lu and Hua Zhang (Dr. C. Mi's Doctoral Students) - 2nd Place Award - Project
Demonstration on Emerging
Technology Award: "Long Distance Capacitive Power Transfer with One Pair of Metal Plates"
Electrical and Computer Engineering Faculty Grants
- Dr. Baris Aksanli - CSU Fullerton Auxiliary Services Corporation
- Dr. Arif E. Engin - Sumitomo Corporation
- Dr. Madhu Gupta - U.S. Army
- Dr. Sunil Kumar - U.S. DOD Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. Chris Mi - Argonne National Laboratory; Global Energy Interconnection Research
Institute, Gotion Inc.; North America;
Nanjing Golden; Dragon Bus Mfg. Co., Ltd.; Rutgers University
- Dr. Duy H. N. Nguyen - U.S. DOD Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. Yusuf Ozturk - I-Corps; University of California at San Diego; University of Central Florida
- Dr. Mahasweta Sarkar - ViaSat Inc.
- Dr. Sridhar Seshagiri - University of Central Florida
- Dr. Satish K. Sharma - Fuse Integration; Space Micro, Inc.; U.S. DOD Office of Naval
Research; DOD Space and Naval Warfare
- Dr. R. Lal Tummala - Department of California Highway Patrol
Computer Engineering rated No. 86 in 2017 U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Graduate Schools
Our Computer Engineering program was recognized in the 2017 U.S. News & World
Report's America's Best Graduate Schools
and ranked No. 86. Click here to read the article in the SDSU NewsCenter.
- Apply to the $50K Zahn Challenge for SDSU students, faculty and staff with an idea for a commercial enterprise, social enterprise or project resulting in a social impact.
- The Zahn Innovation Center is a commercial and social incubator that supports San Diego State University innovators and aspiring entrepreneurs—students, faculty and staff from any major or department on campus—as they transform their ideas into companies.
- Zahn Innovation center at San Diego State University College of Engineering is an incubator that support students, faculty and staff as they transform their ideas into products and companies. Read More About Zhan Innovation Center...
- Please join us at our annual College of Engineering Design Day! View photos of the event.
- The San Diego State University senior engineering Design Day presents a collection of projects from graduating seniors.
- The San Diego State University College of Engineering will host its annual Design Day on TBD. The event
will feature project demonstrations from graduating seniors in the engineering program, as part of a capstone design class.
- Design Day exhibits a collection of projects from graduating seniors from Electrical and Computer engineering majors. This event is well attended by representatives from local industry, parents and faculty from other departments.
PDF file: download Adobe Acrobat Reader