The Monty Awards are a time-honored tradition at San Diego State University. The award
is a symbol of achievement and success presented to distinguished alumni from each
of SDSU's seven academic colleges, Library and Information Access, and SDSU Imperial
Valley Campus. In addition, distinguished service awards are given to an exceptional
alumni volunteer and an outstanding university employee.
The Monty Awards honor those who have made significant contributions to San Diego State University, the San Diego community or California, nationally or internationally.
The professors who received Monty Awards are:
- Dr. Madhu Gupta
- Dr. fred j. harris
- Dr. Sunil Kumar
- Dr. Gordon Lee
- Dr. Leonard Marino
- Dr. Yusuf Ozturk
- Dr. Satish K. Sharma
Other Awards and Accolades:
- Dr. Ashkan Ashrafi's, paper has been featured in Advances in Engineering “Optimized
linear phase square-root Nyquist FIR
filters for CDMA IS-95 and UMTS standards", Signal Processing, Volume 93, Issue 4, Pages 866-873, 2013.
- Dr. Ashkan Ashrafi received the Best Associate Editor Award from IEEE Transactions
on Circuits and Systems Part-I: Regular
Papers in 2013.
- Mr. Barry Dorr received the AESC Best Faculty 2016-2017 Award and the 2019 Most Influential Faculty Award.
- Dr. A. E. Engin and S. R. Narasimhan received the Winner of the 2017 IEEE EMC-S M. Kanda Award for the most cited paper in the last 5 years (2013-2017).
- Dr. fred j. harris received the Industrial Service Award for Contribution To Software Defined Radio.
- Dr. Parisa Kaveh received the Favorite Faculty 2018-2019 Award and the CESC 2019 Favorite Faculty Award.
- Dr. Sunil Kumar received the Best Paper Award at the National ACS meeting.
- Dr. Gordon Lee received the Life Time Achievement Award by World Automation Congress.
- Drs. Fei Lu and Hua Zhang received the Best Paper Award, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2017.
- Dr. Chris Mi received the Prize Letter Award, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2018.
- Dr. Chris Mi received the Technology Award, IEEE Power Electronics Society.
- Drs. Satish K. Sharma, L. Shafai and S. Rao, “Handbook of Reflector Antennas and Feed Systems", Volume I: Theory and Design of Reflectors”, Published by Artech House, USA, June, 2013.
- Dr. Lal Tummala received the Outstanding Engineering Award, San Diego Engineering Council. He has also received the Outstanding Research Contributions To Manufacturing Management, GCMM.